Chris Herrod Reviews Symposium 2015

Symposium 2015 is now behind me, but I continue to reap the benefits of attending as all the contacts, ideas, and lessons I gained there enter into my work. It’s a great re-charge. The exchange of information and experiences that happens when luthiers, suppliers, manufacturers and repair people come out of their shops and offices with the common goal of our improving our profession is inspiring. Plus we have a lot of fun!

Participation is key, and I would like to see more and more folks reap the benefit of attending the Symposium, contributing to the magazine, and helping the organization grow. With this in mind, I have welcomed the opportunity to join ASIA’s board of directors. It’s exciting to find that ASIA is on strong footing these days and well positioned to grow and do even more for its members.

“ASIA is an organization where you not only grow your skills, but grow your extended family. I have met so many wonderful, knowledgeable people through this organization.” ~Michael Dickinson, Martin Guitar